The Advanced Database 2.0 module sets out key database concepts and covers the use of a relational database application to create an advanced database structure and outputs.
The Advanced Database module covers the tools available in database applications to better manage and organise structured information. Effective use of these tools to manage and analyse high volumes of data can produce the quantity and quality of information that business today demands.
- Database concepts
- Tables and relationships
- Enhancing productivity
- Understand key concepts of database development and usage.
- Create a relational database using advanced table creation features and complex relationships between tables.
- Design and use queries to create a table, update, delete and append data. Refine queries using wildcards, parameters and calculations.
- Use controls and subforms to enhance forms and improve functionality.
- Create report controls to perform calculations. Create subreports and enhance report presentation.
- Enhance productivity by working with macros and use linking and importing features to integrate data.
- Allows users to become more confident, efficient, and effective in using a database application.
- Proves mastery of the application.
- Enables users to retrieve and produce higher quality management information.
- Improves user’s productivity.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.