This is a five-day (40-hours) course that provides the required knowledge and skills to design and build a complete Android™ application. It delivers an extensive training on the main Android SDK components and its interactions. The course is updated to include topics compatible with all Android versions up to Android 8 and the source code updated to API 27. Moreover, this course book uses Kotlin programming language instead of Java. Kotlin is a safe and concise programming language that promotes faster development of high-quality Android apps.
- Learn the essentials of the Kotlin Programming Language and all Kotlin topics related Android applications development.
- Design and build a complete Android application.
- Debug and maintain Android applications using different tools and plugins.
- Thoroughly understand the life cycle of an Android application and its main components.
- Use external resources, manifest files, intents, and adapters.
- Understand and use all Android persistent storage techniques: Preferences, files, databases, and content providers.
- Use Android’s background processing techniques.
- Build location-aware applications using GPS as a location provider and Google Maps.
The explosive growth of AndroidTM applications lately has created a boom in demand for developers. Developers are there but how can employers assess their competencies? How can they really know who deserves the opportunity to take the responsibility of their applications?
Android Advanced Training Consultants (Android ATC) provides courses and assessment exams to certify the competencies of current and prospective employees.
After completing this course, you will be ready for the “Android Certified Application Developer” exam version 8 (exam code: AND-801).
This course is ideal for those who do not have enough programming background or already have Java background only.