This course provides professionals with a strong understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery principles, including conducting business impact analysis, assessing of risks, developing policies and procedures, and implementing a plan. It also teaches professionals how to secure data by putting policies and procedures in place, and how to recover and restore their organization’s critical data in the aftermath of a disaster.
- Introduction to Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
- Business Continuity Management (BCM).
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA).
- Business Continuity Planning (BCP).
- Data Backup Strategies.
- Data Recovery Strategies.
- Virtualization-Based Disaster Recovery.
- System Recovery.
- Centralized and Decentralized System Recovery.
- Disaster Recovery Planning Process.
- BCP Testing, Maintenance, and Training.
As the use of IT as a key business enabler continues to propel businesses to serve the global markets, the need to be prepared to manage any major disasters or downtime becomes increasing relevant and important. Recent reports indicate that a significant proportion of businesses do not have proper plans in place and hence are putting their brands, services and customers at risk.
A Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Plan – sometimes referred to as Business Process Contingency Plan (BPCP) – describes how an organization is to deal with potential disasters. Just as a disaster is an event that makes the continuation of normal functions impossible, a disaster recovery plan consists of the precautions taken so that the effects of a disaster will be minimized, and the organization will be able to either maintain or quickly resume mission-critical functions.
- IT Professionals in the BC/DR or System Administration domain
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Consultants
- Individuals wanting to establish themselves in the field of IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- IT Risk Managers and Consultants
- CISOs and IT Directors.