The Image Editing 2.0 module sets out the knowledge and skills required to digital image concepts and to use an image editing application to enhance images, apply effects, and prepare an image for printing and publishing.
Compelling images can help when presenting facts, explaining concepts, or influencing sentiment or emotion. Image editing software makes doing this easier – and supports the creation of professional outputs. The Image Editing module certifies best practice when creating, editing, and outputting digital images.
- Imaging concepts
- Image capture
- Using the application
- Working with images
- Drawing and painting
- Understand the main concepts of using digital images; understand graphic format options and colour concepts.
- Open an existing image; save an image in different formats; set image file options.
- Use built-in options, such as displaying toolbars, palettes, to enhance productivity.
- Capture and save an image; use various selection tools; manipulate images.
- Create and use layers; work with text; use effects and filters; use drawing and painting tools.
- Prepare images for printing or publishing.
- Can be applied to a range of image editing software from professional packages to freeware.
- Certifies best practice in basic digital image editing.
- Provides a solid grounding in working with digital images.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.