The Collaboration module sets out concepts and skills relating to the setup and use of collaborative tools, such as storage, productivity applications, calendars, social media, web meetings, learning environments, and mobile technology.
Increasingly, technology is removing barriers to working with colleagues. Collaborating on tasks with people on the other side of the world is now possible using a range of web-based tools and services. The skills and knowledge that allows this collaboration to happen effectively are set out in the Online Collaboration module.
- Collaboration concepts
- Preparation for online collaboration
- Using online collaborative tools
- Mobile collaboration
- Understand the key concepts relating to collaboration and cloud computing.
- Set up accounts to prepare for collaboration.
- Use online storage and web-based productivity applications to collaborate.
- Use online and mobile calendars to manage and plan activities.
- Collaborate and interact using social networks, blogs, and wikis.
- Schedule and host online meetings and use online learning environments.
- Understand key mobile technology concepts and use features such as e-mail, applications, and synchronisation.
- Covers the key skills needed to understand the main concepts relating to collaboration and cloud computing.
- Certifies best practice in effective use of online collaboration tools and mobile technology.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.