The Web Editing 2.0 module sets out the skills and knowledge required to understand key web publishing concepts and to create, upload, and maintain a web site.
Every organisation, big or small, needs to have a web presence. Developing and maintaining a well-designed web site is a crucial tool for communication and engagement. Supporting these activities, the Web Editing module explains relevant concepts and builds the skills associated with using web publishing software.
- Web concepts
- Web authoring
- Using objects
- Preparing upload
- Understand key web concepts and terms.
- Know about the basic principles of HTML; use common HTML mark-up tags to modify the layout of a web page.
- Use a web authoring application to design and format web pages; format text; work with hyperlinks and tables.
- Recognise and use common web image formats; create forms in a web page.
- Understand and use cascading style sheets.
- Prepare web pages for publishing to a web server.
- Applicable to a variety of web publishing software.
- Provides the candidate with the skills to develop, publish, and maintain a website.
- Certifies best practice in website creation.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.