The Data Analytics module covers the main concepts and skills needed to analyse statistics, prepare data sets, summarise data, and create data visualisations.
As technology is used more and more for everyday activities such as sales, production, logistics, and customer services, organisation are generating large sets of data which can be a valuable resource if evaluated correctly.
Concepts and statistical analysis
- Key concepts
- Statistical analysis
Data set preparation
- Importing, shaping
Data set summarisation
- Pivot table data aggregation
- Pivot table frequency analysis
- Filtering pivot tables
- Using pivot charts
- Concepts and setup
- Publishing and sharing
Successful candidates will be able to prepare data for statistical analysis. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident using spreadsheets and other tools to present data sets in charts or tables, or using visualisation techniques. They will be able to:
- Understand the main concepts of data analytics in business.
- Apply statistical analysis concepts to data sets.
- Know how to import data into a spreadsheet and prepare it for analysis with cleansing and filtering.
- Use pivot tables and pivot charts to summarise data sets.
- Understand data visualisation techniques and tools, and how they are used to create reports and dashboards.
Develop the skills needed to carry out data analysis, including summarisation and visualisation.
This module is suitable for entrepreneurs, managers, or workers who need practical skills in data analysis so that they can deliver business intelligence and insights.