The NCC Education Level 3 Diploma in Business (L3DB) is an Ofqual regulated qualification. It is an Applied General qualification which allows candidates to demonstrate key transferable study skills, mathematical competency and applied cultural understanding, particularly in the context of international business, as well as a grounding in the essential concepts of business and economics.
In addition, successful candidates will fulfil the main entry requirements for NCC Education’s Level 4 Diploma in Business (L4DB) or Level 4 Diploma in Business IT (L4DBIT), as well as opening up opportunities to access a range of higher education courses or employment.
Examples of higher education opportunities include, but are not limited to, progressing to university degrees in Business Management, Marketing, International Business, Accounting and Finance and examples of employment opportunities include roles such as Accounts Clerk, Recruitment Consultant and Accounting Technician.
The Level 3 Diploma in Business syllabus and assessment is suitable for students aged 16-19 as well as adult learners.
Students must study the following five core units:
- Study and Communication Skills – equips student with the essential study skills needed to succeed at university level. They will learn the basic skills necessary to conduct independent research, write academic papers, give formal oral presentations and apply what has been taught during lectures.
- Culture Studies – enables students to gain awareness and increased understanding of other cultures and their own alongside the impact of a more digitised world on those cultures. Students will be able to apply their understanding of culture to other aspects of their course and to their plans for further study and work. The course will, in part, help prepare students for studying and/or working abroad or working for multi-national companies in our highly interconnected, digitised world.
- Introduction to Business – provides an introduction to the purpose, types and organisation of businesses. Students also become familiar with a range of business concepts such as basic marketing practices.
- Introduction to Accounting and Economics – introduces the key principles of accounting and economics. Students will become accustomed to concepts such as market structures and monetary policy and also learn how to produce simple financial statements.
- Foundation Mathematics – This module builds upon student’s knowledge of mathematics whilst introducing new topics appropriate across a range of academic disciplines and for their future career.
- O Level,KCSE C- and below ,IGCSE or Equivalent
Held four times in a year – January, April, July and October.
Students that complete the Level 3 Diploma in Business (L3DB) can:
- Enrol onto the NCC Education Level 4 Diploma in Business (L4DB), equivalent to Year 1 of a UK bachelor’s degree.