The NCC Education Level 4 Diploma in Business (L4DB) is an Ofqual regulated qualification. The qualification makes up the first year of the NCC Education Business Degree journey. The qualification is equivalent to the first year of a business degree in the UK university system.
Students will be introduced to the many different aspects of international business in today’s world. Embarking on the qualification they will be exposed to both academic and vocational aspects of a wide range of subjects, enabling them to gain the necessary knowledge and skills vital for a career in business or further studies.
On successful completion of the qualification students will be able to continue their studies on the NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Business (L5DB) or at a UK university, or work in one of the many areas of the business world.
Students must study the following eight core units:
- Essentials of Management – covers the principles and functions of management. Students will be taught the key elements in planning and decision-making, and the significance of different controls required in an organisation.
- Fundamentals of Economics – covers fundamental economic theories and concepts which are applied in decision-making in a business environment. Students will gain an understanding of the economic environment and its effect upon business organisations and their markets.
- Communications for Business – gives an introduction to a wide range of skills for business professionals. Students will cover the production of various types of documents and presentations as well as the skills needed to communicate effectively in a business environment.
- Understanding Business Organisations – introduces the objectives, roles, functions and various forms of business organisations as they adapt to a dynamic and changing environment.
- Business Mathematics – covers a range of mathematical techniques and formulae to support business studies and develop the ability to make informed business decisions. Students will also be taught to present and analyse business data.
- Introduction to Finance – introduces the basic concepts and techniques of financial and managerial accounting. It considers the role of accounting in recording and reporting financial performance and in providing information to decision makers.
- eBusiness – explores a wide range of applications for eCommerce and the use of these in solving business problems. Students will learn about state-of-the-art technologies and their major impact on the business world.
- Principles of Marketing – examines the role and value of marketing in today’s increasingly competitive and dynamic environment. Students will practise marketing principles in order to analyse, plan and implement policies to achieve marketing and corporate objectives.
For entry onto the NCC Education L4DB qualification students must have at least one of the following:
- NCC Education Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies (RQF) (L3IFDHES) or Level 3 Diploma in Business (RQF) (L3DB). or
- KCSE Grade C Plain and above or
- An international qualification which is deemed to be of a similar level to the NCC Education L3IFDHES or L3DB qualification. This shall be agreed with NCC Education in advance. or
- One ‘A’ Level or equivalent, or an appropriate School Leavers’ certificate deemed to be of a similar level or
- Academic and Vocational experience which is deemed suitable by NCC Education
Held twice a year – January and July