This hands-on Python programming course teaches you the essentials of Python scripting to a foundation level. You will learn the basics of writing and running Python scripts to more advanced features such as file operations, regular expressions, working with binary data, and using the extensive functionality of Python modules. Extra emphasis is placed on features unique to Python, such as tuples, array slices, and output formatting.
- Create working Python scripts following best practices.
- Use python data types appropriately.
- Read and write files with both text and binary data.
- Search and replace text with regular expressions.
- Get familiar with the standard library and its work-saving modules
- Create “real-world”, basic level professional Python applications.
- Know when to use collections such as lists, dictionaries, and sets.
- Understand Pythonic features such as comprehensions and iterators.
- Write robust code using exception handling.
This course provides an excellent kick start for users new to Python and scripting, enabling you to use basic Python skills on the job in a variety of ways. You can apply the course skills to use Python in basic web development projects or automate or simplify common tasks with the use of Python scripts. This course also serves as a solid primer course / foundation for continued Python study in support for next level web development with Python, Python for data science / machine learning, or Python for systems admin or networking support.
Python programming is powering the global job market. According to Stack Overflow, as of 2017, “Python has a solid claim to being the fastest-growing major programming language.” It also, according to the same source, is the most used computer language in high-earning economies – so if you want to work in a different country, you have a good chance of landing a job in, say, Switzerland or Australia, two nations where Python programmers command high salaries.
Professionals who are new to Python and scripting.