This three-day instructor-led UNIX and Linux Essentials course is designed for users and administrators who are new to the Oracle Solaris 11 and Oracle Linux operating systems. It will help you develop the basic UNIX skills needed to interact comfortably and confidently with the operating system. This course will give you intensive, hands-on experience.
- Describe the UNIX operating system
- Work with files and directories
- Use the vi editor to create and modify files.
- Use commands within the default shell.
- View and modify file and directory permissions.
- Manage processes.
- Use advanced shell features in shell scripts.
- Archive files and perform remote file transfer.
The end goal is to prepare users and administrators to perform more advanced tasks in the Oracle Solaris and Oracle Linux operating systems.
Administrators, Database Administrators, Developers, End Users Support Engineers, System Administrators.