This five-day course features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere® 6.7, which includes VMware ESXi™ 6.7 and VMware vCenter Server® 6.7. This course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size.
This course is the foundation for most of the other VMware technologies in the software-defined data centre.
- Describe the software-defined data centre.
- Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure.
- Add ESXi hosts to a VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™ instance.
- Manage vCenter Server Appliance.
- Use a local content library as an ISO store, and deploy a virtual machine.
- Describe vCenter Server architecture.
- Use vCenter Server to manage an ESXi host.
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware Host Client™ and VMware vSphere® Client™ Describe virtual networks with vSphere standard switches.
- Configure standard switch policies.
- Use vCenter Server to manage various types of host storage: VMware vSphere® VMFS, NFS, iSCSI, and RDM.
- Examine the features and functions of Fibre Channel and VMware vSAN™.
- Manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots.
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion®.
- Migrate virtual machine storage with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®.
- Monitor resource usage, and manage resource pools.
- Discuss the VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster architecture.
- Configure vSphere HA.
- Manage vSphere HA and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance.
- Use VMware vSphere® Replication™ and VMware vSphere® Data Protection™ to replicate virtual machines and perform data recovery.
- Use VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ clusters to improve host scalability.
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations.
- Identify troubleshooting methodology to logically diagnose faults and improve troubleshooting efficiency.
VMware training and certification programs are designed to grow your skill and validate your ability to leverage all the opportunities made possible by your VMware solutions.
Benefit from consistent and efficient IT management wherever you will deploy and manage workloads. As you use cloud-based solutions to manage work across different clouds and platforms.
- System administrators.
- System engineers.